Unlock Secrets Of Digestive System with Surgical Gastroenterology At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal
Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal provides excellent care to patients with gastrointestinal (GI) problems and who need a surgical intervention. Gastroenterology surgery or GI surgeries are performed to treat diseases of the esophagus stomach, small intestine, large intestine gallbladder, liver, pancreas, and rectum.
The hospital has world-class gastroenterologists (gastro) with specialization in diagnosing, preventing, and treating problems related to the digestive system.
Why Choose Us?
The department at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal adopts a multidisciplinary approach to surgical gastroenterology. The medical institution pays special emphasis to get the best treatment for their patients and it does so by ensuring that the experts, technical team, and nursing staff remain updated with the latest advancements in the field.
For this, the hospital authorities make sure that the department actively participates and holds Continuing Medical Education (CMEs), seminars, lectures, and so on, on related topics.
Our Competent Team
The Gastroenterologist at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal Dr. Saurabh Dubey, and his specialized team stay abreast on the advancements in medical procedures and technologies. The department deals with all types of problems of the digestive tract that need surgical intervention and adopts minimally invasive and non-invasive surgical processes to treat the patients.
The gastro-care hospital department has skilled and specialized surgeons with the most advanced surgical techniques and sophisticated equipment. The hospital ensures 24x7 nursing care, zero waiting time for surgery, modernized medical infrastructure, the best emergency care facilities, and comfortable accommodation is what makes it one of the most sought-after hospitals in entire Central India for Gastroenterology surgeries.
Disease & Conditions
- Hernia: When abdominal organs push through weak muscles, tissues, or the abdominal cavity, it is referred to as a hernia. Hernias could occur due to an injury, surgery, birth disorder, or gradually as age catches up.
- Diverticular Disease: When there is inflammation in the large intestines, it causes small bulges in it and in some cases, it could even lead to infection.
- Gallbladder Disease: This includes inflammation, infection, stones, or blockage in the gall bladder or the sac located under the liver which stores and concentrates liver-produced bile.
- Rectal Prolapse: When the rectum becomes stretched and a large intestine’s lowest section slips out of the opening (anus) it is referred to as Rectal Prolapse.
- Upper GI Endoscopy: Endoscopes are flexible tubes with a tiny camera at the end of it that enables GI surgeons or gastro surgeons to diagnose the problems in the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- Liver-spleen Scan: This noninvasive radiology procedure examines the liver and spleen to identify functions and assess the condition of the liver and spleen.
- Anoscopy & High-Resolution Anoscopy: The procedure is used to help the expert analyze anal conditions such as abnormal growth of cells and anal cancer.
Treatment & Services
- Bariatric Surgery: The surgery is done to help people lose weight and avoid serious health problems owing to it.
- Foregut Surgery: The surgery is done by gastro surgeon to treat rare, small intestine, oesophagus and stomach disorders. Less-invasive techniques are best used to treat these disorders.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease GERD Surgery: Also known as reflux surgery, this requires the surgeon to wrap up the top of the stomach around the lower oesophagus to make it less likely for the acid to back up in the oesophagus.
- Colon & Rectal Surgery: This requires the gastrologist surgeon to deal with disorders and diseases of the rectum, anus and colon.
- Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary (HPB) Surgery: The Gastro Liver Hospital at Bhopal has the best doctors and best gastrointestinal surgery facilities to perform the most challenging and complex liver, pancreas, gallbladder, and bile duct surgical procedures.
Over a period of time, the field of Surgical Gastroenterology at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has gained major precedence in the field of both the upper gastrointestinal tract and lower gastrointestinal tract starting from the oesophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, rectum, liver, and pancreas. The hospital has been specializing in the use of minimal access surgery or better known as keyhole surgery of the GI Tract.
For more information on abdominal surgery or surgical gastroenterology and the latest developments in the field stay with us always.