Realign, restore, & rejuvenate your spine at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal
Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal is an excellence-providing health care centre that works on an affordable, evidence-based, research system in Spine Care. The institution is a pioneer in healthcare services and extends comprehensive spinal care for the spine and back which is an amazingly strong structure of muscles, ligaments, tendons, bones, and discs that provide mobility and flexibility.
The hospital’s Spine Care Center understands the need of the hour and offers non-surgical treatment, Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS), Spinal Fusion Surgery, and similar procedures to retain and restore the spinal health of its patients.
Let us delve a bit deeper into the human spine and its health and understand the features that make Apollo Sage Hospitals a centre for excellence in Spine Care.
Why Choose Us?
The spinal cord is a complex bundle of nerves that comes out of the base of the brain and runs down the center of the spine. The nerve roots branch out from the cord and any damage to the cord or column could cause severe problems and requires medical intervention only from an expert.
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, the spinal continuously strives to provide patients requiring back and spinal care with the best conservative and non-surgical options.
The Spine Care Clinic team at Apollo Sage Hospitals has some of the best spinal care doctors and pain and spine physicians who have gained their degrees and work experience from some of the best institutions across the globe. The team is dedicated to improving the quality of life and getting the patients back to normal and routine activities as early as possible.
The board-certified Spine Care and Ortho Care Hospital staff work in close association with the departments of physiotherapy, chiropractic, radiology, epidemiology, anthropology, psychology, clinical research, education, rehabilitation, and yoga.
The Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has a sophisticated and full-fledged neuron brain spine & critical care centre with a specialized ortho spine care unit and experts extending their services around the clock. It has a comprehensive orthopedic care unit, is exceptionally loaded with ultra-modern equipment and tools, has an excellent surgical and intensive care unit, and more than that – world-class experience and trust - developed over the years.
Disease & Conditions
- Spinal Epidural Abscess (SPE): It is a severe condition caused by an infection within the spine. The infection, due to bacteria, causes swelling and irritation in the cord and could lead to neurological defects, compression, cause permanent, severe paralysis, and nerve loss and could even be fatal. If the abscess is not drained properly, it could return and cause further damage to the spine.
- Spinal Tumours: It is an abnormal growth of a mass of tissue on the spine. The cells grow and multiply within the spinal cord or surrounding the spinal column. The cells multiply uncontrollably and could be cancerous or non-cancerous.
- Spinal Stenosis: When the space between the spine discs gets narrow and creates pressure on the cord and nerve roots, it is referred to as Spinal Stenosis or even Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. This is the resultant effect of standing or walking long hours causing severe pain or cramps in the leg(s).
- Herniated Discs: When the soft, jelly-like, or rubber-like cushions between the spinal discs undergo severe damage and some nucleus pushes out through the tear in the annulus it causes a ruptured disc or herniated disc. Cervical radiculopathy could either be a dull or shooting pain in the neck or between the shoulder blades and sometimes radiate down to the hand fingers or cause numbness or tingling sensation to the shoulder or arm.
- Vertebral Compression Fractures (VCF): This commonly occurs in the thoracic spine or the middle or lower middle portion of the spine. VCF is also commonly seen in people with weak or brittle bones and could happen even while they do simple, usual daily activities such as sneezing forcefully, lifting slightly heavy objects, and so on. However, even those with healthy bones and spine could suffer from VCF if they undergo severe trauma such as sports injuries, hard falls or automobile accidents, etc.
- Degenerative Disc Disease: Degenerative Disc Disease often happens when the spinal discs that actually act as shock absorbers between vertebrates wear down as a part of the normal aging process or due to certain diseases. Certain factors such as acute injuries such as hard falls, obesity, smoking, and engaging in physically demanding jobs could further increase the risk of developing degenerative disc diseases. Apart from this, the discs could lose most of the fluid, and develop cracks due to minor injuries too which could be really painful.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): The advanced MRI machine at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal produces high-quality 3-D images using powerful magnets and the latest computer technology for it is the best method to visualize the condition of the spinal column and the nerves. It produces a clear picture of the spinal column condition, the nerve roots, and surrounding problem areas such as enlargement, aneurysm degeneration, tumors, etc.
- Computerized Tomography (CT) or Computerized Axial Tomography (CAT): This sophisticated scan combines several X-Ray data and produces a detailed 2-D image of structures, conditions, and abnormalities of the affected spine region. The machine also detects pictures of tissues, spinal discs, and the state of the patient’s spine at different levels of density.
- Dual-Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry (DXA/ DEXA): Also called Bone Densitometry, the machine painlessly scans the thickness and strength of bones (bone density) by passing high and low-energy ionized radiation beams through the targeted spine area from two different sources. The scan is best to detect weak and brittle bones and predict the possibility of a spinal fracture in the future.
Treatment & Services
- Spinal Stenosis Physical Therapy: Most spinal stenosis conditions can be effectively managed through physical therapy. The condition affects the vertebrate or the passage from where the spinal nerves pass through. It is only in extreme and rare cases that spine surgeons recommend spinal surgery or spinal injections to patients.
- Cervical Radiculopathy (CR) Physical Therapy: Cervical Radiculopathy or CR is a painful condition in which the patient’s neck nerve becomes pinched and the therapy is highly recommended to reduce the compression and inflammation of nerves in the neck, shoulders, and upper arms. This is best suited for patients suffering from spondylotic changes rather than those suffering from cervical herniated discs.
- Spondylosis Physical Therapy: It is one of the most result-yielding therapies that plays a major role in relieving pain and reducing symptoms of spondylosis. It helps in muscle strengthening and stretching and is often recommended to patients suffering from chronic back and neck pain.
- Endoscopic Spine Surgery: Transforaminal and interlaminar are the two approaches that spine surgeons adopt during endoscopic spine surgeries. This state-of-the-art form of minimally invasive surgery requires the least invasion or cut in the spine and is best used to treat herniated, protruded, extruded, and bulging discs and is designed to provide the patient less pain, quick recovery, and less hospitalization duration.
So, if you too are looking for permanent relief from spine problems remember to visit the Spine Care Center of Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, and lead a healthy life always.