Vascular Surgery Department At Apollo Sage Hospitals
Disorders of the vascular system can have serious consequences and can sometimes even be life-threatening. The vascular system is a huge network of blood vessels that circulate blood throughout the body via arteries, veins, and lymphatic vessels. However, sometimes, due to decreased or completely blocked blood flow, the human organs get damaged and need medical intervention.
This is exactly where the role of vascular surgery comes in. Vascular surgery is a specialized field of surgery that focuses on treating diseases and disorders of vascular system and includes various procedures to restore the proper functioning of blood vessels and improve overall health outcomes of the patients. If these diseases and disorders of the vascular system are treated at the right time, they could not only save lives but also add value to it.
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, the Vascular Surgery Department deals with the entire spectrum of circulatory disorders that are via surgical intervention. The department works tirelessly to improve the quality of life for patients suffering with vascular diseases.
So, let us take a detailed look at various aspects of vascular surgery and how to attain best results from it. But before we move ahead let us first take a quick look at various aspects of vascular surgery and system.
What Is Vascular System?
The vascular system is a complex network of arteries, veins, and capillaries that carry blood to and from the heart in human body. The arteries carry oxygenated blood from the heart to the organs and tissues, while veins carry deoxygenated blood back to the heart. The capillaries are small, thin-walled vessels that connect arteries and veins and allow exchange of nutrients and gases between the blood and tissues.
What Is Vascular Surgery?
Also known as the Circulatory System surgery in common parlance,vascular surgery is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis, management, and treatment of disorders of the blood vessels. The blood vessels are essential for the proper functioning of the body, as they supply oxygen and nutrients to various organs and tissues.
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, vascular surgeons are trained to perform the modern-day vascular surgery techniques range from minimally invasive procedures such as angioplasty and stenting to complex surgeries such as bypass grafting and endarterectomy.
Top Surgeons & Advanced Vascular Surgery Techniques
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, the vascular surgery department has world-class facilities and is well-equipped with a wide range of advanced technologies to perform surgical & endovascular procedures along with various medical therapies. The department has sophisticated imaging techniques such as ultrasound, CT scans, and MRIs to visualize the blood vessels and identify any abnormalities. The advanced operating rooms too are equipped for complex procedures or surgeries and modern equipment ensure quicker recovery & rehabilitation.
In addition to this, the Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal has ensured that it has dedicated and expert vascular surgeons who are trained to diagnose and manage these disorders using a variety of techniques. Based on the findings culled out using the latest techniques, the patients are recommend medical management or surgical intervention.
The Department of Vascular Surgery at Apollo SAGE Hospitals is dedicated to providing world class treatments. We are equipped with a range of advanced technologies to perform surgical and endovascular procedures, along with various medical therapies.
At Apollo SAGE Hospitals, we provide personalised care with global diagnostic and interdisciplinary care for treating all vascular diseases. We possess advanced technologies that help our specialists diagnose the disease. Our advanced operating rooms are equipped for complex procedures or surgeries and modern equipments ensure quicker recovery and rehabilitation.
Disease & Conditions
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, highly skilled vascular surgeons are competent to treat the complete range of Vascular Surgical disorders. These include
- Aortic Aneurysm: It is a condition in which the walls of the aorta, the largest artery in the body, weakens and bulges outwards, forming a sac-like structure. If left untreated, aortic aneurysms can rupture and be life-threatening.
- Arteriovenous (AV) Fistula: Primarily, it is an abnormal connection between an artery and a vein allowing the blood to flow directly from the artery into the vein, bypassing the capillaries.
- Blood Clots: While blood clots play an essential role in the healing process, they also cause problems when they form inside blood vessels where there is no injury. Reasons for blood clots could berecent surgery, certain medical conditions or an inherited clotting disorder.
- Buerger’sDisease: This rare disease affects the blood vessels in the arms and legs and is characterized by inflammation and clotting of small and medium-sized arteries and veins, leading to obstruction of blood flow and tissue damage.
- Carotid Artery Disease: It is a condition in which carotid arteries, the two large blood vessels that supply blood to the brain, become narrowed or blocked as a result of buildup of plaque, a combination of cholesterol, fat, and other substances that accumulate within the inner walls of the arteries.
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT): It is a blood clot that forms in the deep veins of the body, usually in the leg. If untreated for long, it can also lead to complications like pulmonary embolism, which is a potentially life-threatening condition in which a blood clot travels to the lungs.
- Marfan’s Syndrome: It is a genetic disorder affecting the connective tissue in the body, including that of the heart, blood vessels, bones, and eyes.
- Varicose Veins: It refers to enlarged, twisted veins that usually occur in the legs and feet. They are caused by weakened vein valves that allow blood to flow backward and pool in the veins, causing them to bulge and twist.
Take a quick look at the sophisticated diagnostic techniques at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
- Arterial & Venous Colour Doppler: These are diagnostic imaging techniques that use ultrasound waves to create images of the arteries and veins in the body.
- Carotid Doppler: It is a non-invasive, painless procedure, a type of ultrasound imaging technique that is used to evaluate the carotid arteries
- CT & MRI: CT and MRI are both diagnostic imaging techniques that creates images of conditions within the body.
- 128 Slice Ultra-Fast CT Angiography: It is a diagnostic imaging technique that combines the use of CT with contrast agents to create detailed images of the blood vessels in the body.
- 1.5 Tesla Ultra-Fast High Resolution Helium-Free Wide Bore MRI Machine: It is a diagnostic imaging technique that uses a powerful magnetic field, radio waves, and computer technology to create images of conditions within the body.
Treatment & Services
Take a look at the few procedures performed skillfully at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
Some of the conditions which are most commonly treated by us are:
AVF surgery: It is a surgical procedure that creates connection between an artery and a vein to create a dialysis access site for patients with end-stage kidney disease
Atherectomy: It is a minimally invasive procedure that skillfully removes plaque buildups from within the arteries.
Bypass Surgery: Also known as CABG surgery, it is a surgical procedure used to treat blocked or narrowed arteries in the heart.
Carotid Endarterectomy: It is a surgical procedure used to treat carotid artery disease - a condition with buildup of plaque in carotid arteries - the arteries that supply blood to the brain.
Thrombectomy: It is a surgical procedure used to remove a blood clot from artery or vein. It is commonly used to treat strokes caused by a blockage in a blood vessel in the brain.
• Aortic aneurysm
• Aortic valve disease
• Arteriovenous fistula
• Blood clots
• Buerger’s disease
• Carotid artery disease
• Deep vein thrombosis
• Laser therapy
• Marfan syndrome
• Takayasu’s arteritis
• Varicose veins
Few common procedures performed are:
• Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stenting
• Aortoenteric fistula repair
• Arteriovenous fistula surgery
• Bypass surgery
• Carotid Endarterectomy
• Carotid Stenting
• Laser therapy
• Thoracic Outlet Surgery
The vascular surgeons at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal use a range of sophisticated techniques to diagnose, manage, and treat the vascular disorders. They are trained to provide personalized care to meet the unique needs of each patient.