Best Endocrinology Care Maximizes Health Outcomes At Apollo Sage Hospitals
Endocrinology is a fast-evolving medical field, and hormonal and metabolic disorders require a comprehensive approach to treatment. These hormonal and metabolic disorders can often turn out to be complex and require a high level of expertise. And if the same goes unattended for quite some time then it could lead to major hormonal and metabolic imbalances
Explaining it further, let us understand that the endocrine glands in the human body, commonly known as the hormone-producing glands help control and ensure the proper functioning of major body systems such as the ability to convert calories into power cells, heartbeats, bone, and tissue growth, and even the reproductive system.
These endocrine glands play a major role in determining whether the person is a probable diabetic or could host of hormone-related disorders. But when there develops an imbalance in these glands it leads to endocrine disorders.
Why Choose Us?
Choosing the top-notch endocrinologist in Bhopal has a significant impact on the accurate diagnosis, effective treatment, and ongoing management of hormonal and metabolic disorders. Hence, Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal takes care that its best endocrinologists stay up-to-date with the latest research and treatment options.
The hospital makes sure that the patients get the best of facilities and recover at the earliest. The endocrinology department has access to world-class equipment and tools that help endocrinologists diagnose and treat hormonal and metabolic disorders.
The department has earned a reputation for having accurate diagnosis, comprehensive treatment, access to modern equipment, and cutting-edge technology, and that too at a cost-effective rate.
With proper diagnosis and treatment, endocrinologists help those suffering from hormonal and metabolic-related problems achieve improved health outcomes and quality of life.
Our Best Endocrinologists
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal, the endocrinology department is headed by MD, DM, DNB, MRCP SEC (UK) Dr.Mayur Agrawal and in addition has qualified, well-trained, and Best Endocrinologists In Bhopal who are tirelessly working to produce the most effective protocol based guidance.
Our endocrinologists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of hormonal and metabolic disorders, which can be complex and require a high level of expertise. The Endocrinology Doctors in Bhopal Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal work in close association with a healthcare provider to manage crucial endocrine conditions and reduce the risk of complications.
Disease & Conditions
Diabetes and metabolic conditions - Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adults (LADA), Pancreatic diabetes, Brittle diabetes, Inherited metabolic diseases, Metabolic syndrome, Obesity, Recurrent Hypoglycemia, Underweight, Dyslipidemia.
Thyroid Disorders - Goiter, Graves disease, Hashimoto's disease, Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Thyroiditis, Thyroid diseases in pregnancy, Thyroid masses, Thyroid nodules.
Reproductive and growth disorders Amenorrhea, Erectile dysfunction, Polycystic ovary syndrome PCOS, Hypogonadism (low testosterone), Gynecomastia, Menopausal disorders, Infertility, Hirsutism, Short stature
Electrolyte imbalances Hypercalcemia, Hypocalcemia, Hyponatremia, Hypernatremia, Hypokalemia, Hyperkalemia
Bone and calcium metabolism - Metabolic bone disease, Hypercalcemia, Hypocalcemia, Osteopenia and osteoporosis, Vitamin D deficiency, Renal stones, PHPT
Pituitary Disorders Prolactinoma, Cushing's disease, Acromegaly, NFPA, Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, Sheehan syndrome, Craniopharyngioma, Apoplexy Cancer - Adrenal tumors., Adrenocortical carcinoma, Neuroendocrine tumors, Pancreatic cancer, Parathyroid cancer, Parathyroid tumors, Pituitary tumors, Thyroid cancer.
Endocrine disorders can be diagnosed through blood tests, imaging studies, and other diagnostic procedures. Let’s take a look at the diagnostic facilities offered at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test(OGTT): This is a medical procedure that evaluates the body's ability to process glucose, a primary source of energy for the body, or in simpler terms to detect diabetes, a condition characterized by impaired regulation of blood sugar levels in the body.
- Water Deprivation Test: The test helps to diagnose water balance disorders, including diabetes insipidus. The patient is required to abstain from consuming water for a particular time period while their urine output, blood sodium levels, and other parameters are carefully collected, observed, and recorded.
- Growth Hormone Stimulation or Suppression Test: The test examines the pituitary gland's capacity to produce growth hormone, which is an important hormone responsible for regulating metabolism, and muscle mass and promoting growth and development in children. It helps diagnose growth hormone disorders related to growth hormone secretion.
- Short Synacten Test: Also, referred to as the ACTH stimulation test, the short Synacthen test, assesses the functionality of the adrenal gland, which is responsible for producing hormones vital to regulate a range of bodily functions, such as blood pressure, metabolism, and stress response.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) stimulation test: The test is done to assess the functionality of the pituitary gland and can diagnose hormonal disorders related to reproductive function, such as hypogonadism and delayed puberty.
- Glucagon Stimulation Test: The test assesses the functionality of the liver and diagnoses specific hormonal disorders related to glucose metabolisms, such as insulinoma and glycogen storage diseases.
- 72-Hour Diagnostic Fast: The test evaluates the body’s response to fasting and can diagnose specific metabolic disorders related to glucose and lipid metabolism, including diabetes mellitus, insulin resistance, and other endocrine disorders.
- 24-Hour Urinary Metanephrines: The diagnostic procedure that assesses the functionality of the adrenal glands and can diagnose specific hormonal disorders related to the secretion of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
- Aldosterone Renin Ratio: The test evaluates the functionality of the renin-angiotensin system and adrenal glands that play an important role in regulating fluid balance and blood pressure in the body. The test helps to determine if there is an imbalance in the levels of aldosterone and renin hormones, which can indicate various medical conditions such as primary aldosteronism, adrenal gland tumors, and renal artery stenosis.
- Autonomic Function Testing: The test evaluates the functioning of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that regulates various involuntary bodily functions including heart rate, blood pressure, digestion, and perspiration. The test determines abnormalities in the ANS and detects conditions such as autonomic neuropathy and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS).
- Metabolic Stone Workup: It helps the experts identify underlying factors that contribute to the formation of kidney stones and develop a plan to prevent future stone formation. The test involves a series of blood and urine tests to evaluate the levels of various minerals, electrolytes, and other substances in the body that can cause kidney stones.
Treatment & Services
Check out some of the treatments that endocrinologists at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal display their expertise at.
Thyroid Disorders: Radioactive iodine therapy, and surgical removal of the thyroid gland (Thyroidectomy) are some of the treatments used to treat thyroid disorders like hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, goiter, thyroid cancer, thyroid nodules, and more.
Reproductive &Growth Disorders: These affect hormone production and the normal functioning of the reproductive system and growth. The disorders could include delayed or early puberty, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), hypogonadism, turner syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome, and more
Electrolyte Imbalances: The treatment of electrolyte imbalance depends on its severity. The imbalances are treated using sophisticated electrolyte replacement therapy, medications, dietary changes, and more.
Diabetes 2 & Metabolic Conditions: The department of diabetology and endocrinology go hand in hand and take care of all diabetes relates issues such as childhood diabetes, diabetes (Type 1 & Type 2), gestational diabetes, glucose assessment &control, obesity in diabetes, weight reduction in diabetes, diabetes with hypertension, diabetic foot and so on.
Bone &Calcium Metabolism: These issues are managed by a specialist endocrinologist. Some of the common issues also include surgeries in case of severe osteoporosis or hyperparathyroidism. Apart from these, if the disorder is caused by an underlying condition, like kidney disease or thyroid disorder, its treatment may also help improve bone health and calcium metabolism.
Pituitary Gland Surgeries: In certain cases, the best Endocrinology Hospital in Bhopal may carry out certain crucial surgeries to remove pituitary tumors or correct other structural abnormalities in the pituitary gland.
We hope that as we conclude this piece, you have definitely got a better insight into the best Endocrinology Hospital, the best Diabetology hospital facilities, and the Diabetology Specialist extending their services at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal.
So, if you or someone you know is looking for the best endocrinology services, diabetes doctor in Bhopal, Diabetes Checkup in Bhopal, or Diabetes Care in India, then the best place to recommend is none other than Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
Till then, take care.