24 X 7 Emergency Care Systems For Optimal Health Services
At Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal Emergency Care is the most crucial part of healthcare services. It serves as the first point of contact for the patients arriving there in critical conditions or those with sudden, unexpected, life-threatening illnesses or injuries.
Often, resuscitation, diagnosis, and treatment of Trauma, Cardiopulmonary, Neurologic, Organ Failure, Stroke, and Musculoskeletal emergencies and similar urgent medical needs are attended to, by the hospital’s emergency physicians. Sometimes, also referred to as the hospital’s urgent care center, the department’s 24-hour urgent care doctors work to stabilize the patients before transferring them to the specialized units.
Why Choose Us
Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal takes pride in having one of the best and most advanced emergency care hospitals in entire Central India. The doctors and experts here have gained their expertise with some of the best academic institutions and medical organizations and hospitals across the world.
The doctors and emergency care physicians always remain up to date with the latest technological and medical advances through Continuing Medical Education (CME), medical journals, and books. The department believes that by upgrading their medical knowledge and technical skills and performance, they are able to serve society in a much better way.
Under the expert guidance of the Head of the Emergency Department Dr. Sumit Kumar Mandal, the dedicated team of emergency care providers at the hospital are quick to assess the patient’s condition and provide appropriate treatment to stabilize him before transferring to the respective facility for definitive care.
The department provides an emergency service, which is one of the best across the country. It has the best urgent care pediatrics near me, 24-hour trained nursing, and technical staff who are well-versed in the usage of the latest technology and equipment at the hospital.
The Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has a well-organized emergency care service that is recognized as one of the most cost-effective public health interventions. The department has specialized Emergency Rooms, Pediatric Emergency doctors, sophisticated equipment and technology, bedside X-Ray and similar imaging machines, and more.
Not only this, the hospital ensures that the emergency care unit maintains a high standard of hygiene levels so as to ensure that the patients, who could probably be having low immunity, do not contract any infection.
Disease & Conditions
- Burns (up to 20%): Mild to moderate burns are provided with care at the department. The burns are cleaned, rinsed, and bandaged at the emergency department of the hospital. Burns could be due to several reasons such as Injuries While Cooking, Spilling of a Boiling Pan of Water or Milk on the skin, Fireworks, and more.
- Accident & Trauma: Incidents of Hard Falls, Slips, Vehicle Crash, Sports Injury, Psychological or Physical Response To A Distressing Event Or Experience, Physical/ Sexual Assault, Natural Disasters, etc., are some of the conditions that are attended to at the emergency care unit of Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal.
- Dehydration: Those suffering from Severe Dehydration are treated with IV fluids at the emergency unit of the hospital. And while the body is replenishing, the patients are monitored for symptoms of Low Blood Pressure, Rapid Heart Rate, Abnormal Kidney Functions, and more.
- Respiratory Distress: Patients with respiratory distress could be suffering from, Shortness of Breath, Rapid Breathing, Bluish Skin Colouration, Inflammation of Lungs, Asthma Attack, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Pleural Effusion, Pneumonia, Pulmonary Edema, Diabetic Ketoacidosis, Metabolic Acidosis.
- Heat Stroke: Heat stroke and it's related medical condition emergency in which the core body temperature rises above normal due to exposure to high environmental conditions. Heat-related emergencies are also known to cause multi-organ failure and could also be fatal without timely intervention.
- GI Trauma: Gastrointestinal or Intestinal trauma which could be due to injury to the stomach, small bowel, colon, or rectum. These GI trauma conditions could be due to several reasons such as blunt or penetrating trauma, collisions, crush injuries, and so on. Apart from this, appendicitis, Crohn’s Disease, Cancer, Ulcerative Colitis, Blockage of the Bowel, and Chemotherapy are some reasons that also cause GI trauma.
- Cardiac Emergencies: These are grave heart-related conditions that could be fatal in the absence of medical treatment. These conditions include Chest Discomfort, Pre-Heart Attack Symptoms, Radiating Pain in Arms, Jaws, and Back, Irregular (Fluttering) or Increased Heart Beat, Heart Attack, Cardiac Arrest, Angina Attack or Unstable Angina, Drug Misuse, Lack of Oxygen in Blood or Hypoxia and so on.
- Imaging: Imaging techniques such as X-Ray, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), and Computed Tomography (CT) Scans help the experts at the emergency care unit of Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal to interpret the exact condition of the patient. These tests are performed via the latest and most sophisticated equipment to provide accurate readings and the dimensions of any lesions causing a condition.
- Thromboelastometry (TEG): This diagnostic procedure is done on patients with bleeding disorders. The method requires screen testing of blood cells and their biochemical characteristics by means of graphic representation.
- Urinalysis & Appearance: The microscopic examination of urinary sediment allows the gross appearance of urine to indicate bleeding or infection in the Genitourinary Tract. Also, the urinary pH, protein content, and glucose content are determined during the analysis.
Treatment & Services
- Ambulance: The emergency response system of Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal is one of the best in the entire Centre of India. The ambulance services are prompt to reach the patient and are well-equipped to provide basic and essential treatment for Cardiac Patients, Respiratory Distress, Pediatric Emergencies, Ophthalmic Emergencies, Gastric Lavage, Obstetric Emergencies, Stroke, and more.
- Blood Centre: The Blood Bank of the hospital is committed to providing safe blood products and indulges in prescribed quality-assured practices. The department has a skilled and experienced staff that tirelessly works to enhance life-saving practices in emergencies.
- Cath Lab: Also known as the Catheterization laboratory, it is a sophisticated and advanced room where several tests and procedures such as angioplasty, pacemaker/ICD implantations, angiogram, ablation, etc., are performed during emergency care.
- Dialysis: The hospital has an Ultramodern hemodialysis unit with PEX pipes, state of an art kidney transplant unit, Hemodiafiltration (HDF), Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), ICU Hemodialysis: Sustained Low-Efficiency Dialysis (SLED), Slow Continuous Ultrafiltration (SCUFF), Plasmapheresis, Hemodialysis catheter placement, treatment of dialysis access failures, and more emergencies.
- Fetal Medicine: Also known as Perinatology, it focuses on managing the health concerns of the mother and the fetus prior to, during, or immediately after pregnancy.
- ICU: The hospital ensures state-of-the-art care of international standards to patients in the critical care units or ICUs e.g. Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU), Transitional Care Unit (TCU), Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU), Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgeons ICU (CTVS ICU), Stroke ICU, High Dependency Unit (HDU).
- Laboratory Services: The hospital has 24x7 Emergency and Trauma Care, ALS & BLS Ambulances with life support systems stationed at different locations across the city and state. It has round-the-clock pharmacy services, dedicated ICUs for Brain Stroke, Heart Attacks, Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care, and Medical Intensive Care Units manned by qualified registrars.
Apart from the above, the Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal caters to many other emergencies such as ENT, Dog Bite, Snake Bite / Insect Bite, Piosining, Neonatal emergencies, and more. So, to keep reading more articles on Emergency Care stay with us.