Better ENT Health Happens With Apollo Sage Hospitals
Are you one of those who thought that an ENT’s (Ear, Nose & Throat) job is just to take care of Ear, Nose, and Throat ailments and adjacent structures of the head and neck only? Then we tell you that you are in for a huge shock and that an ENT is often also the first to predict that the patient could be suffering from head and neck cancer, throat tumors, and even grave sleeping disorders like sleep apnea.
The Department of Otolaryngology at Apollo Sage Hospitals is one of the best when it comes to dealing with ENT issues apart from treating the usual ENT issues like snoring, allergies, ears &hearing loss, also have expertise in reconstructive surgeries, endoscopic nasal surgeries, and more.
Why Choose Us?
It would not be an understatement if said that the ENT Specialist or otolaryngologist at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal is one of the best ENT hospitals for the Department of Otolaryngology not only in Central India but also in the entire country. The hospital takes pride in facilitating accurate diagnosis and providing effective treatment to crucial diseases and conditions with the latest surgical and non-surgical options for ear, nose, and throat disorders.
In addition to this, with the latest equipment and sophisticated surgical and non-surgical gear, the hospital promises its patients with improved and higher chances of a positive treatment outcome, reducing the risk of complications and ensuring a safer and faster recovery.
The ENT doctors in Bhopal at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal are all board-certified and highly trained and are headed by none other than the famous MS ENT Dr. Amit Ganguli. The team of ENT surgeons and pediatric ent is committed to constantly expanding the frontiers of diagnosis, treatment, and research ailments/ disorders of the ENT and head and neck. The experts have gained training from some of the best and leading institutions in the world.
In fact, the hospital has been gaining fame for performing some of the very complicated surgeries like the reconstruction of the windpipe popularly known as tracheal reconstruction, tracheo-esophageal fistulae repair, and more.
- The Department of ENT is equipped with sophisticated operating microscopes, diagnostic video endoscopes and audiology labs. This helps our experts to detect diseases of different groups and initiate suitable treatment.
- We aim to collaborate with other specialities like paediatric, pulmonology, anaesthesia, neurology, oncology etc. to deliver the best treatment outcomes.
- A minor OT in the Casualty makes it simple for patients to get these procedures done on an OPD basis for the draining of Peritonsillar abscess, ear lobe repair, Antral wash out, and other minor surgeries.
- Modern operating microscopes with excellent illumination, magnification, recording capabilities, screens, and side observer attachments are available in the operating room. The ENT setup is completed by rigid endoscopes, fibre optic lighting, equipment used in microsurgery, and drills.
- There is everything needed for standard ENT procedures and Cochlear implant surgery. Functional endoscopic sinus surge and (FESS), micro-ear and laryngeal operations, endoscopic septoplasties, nasal bone fractures, calculus and excision of the submandibular gland, plunging ranula surgery, and management of neck tumours are also regularly performed procedendos.
Disease & Conditions
- Articulation Disorder: It is a speech disorder in which an individual has difficulty producing sounds or pronouncing words correctly due to problems with the coordination or movement of the speech muscles.
- Stuttering/ Stammering/ Cluttering: Stuttering, stammering, and cluttering are all types of fluency disorders that affect an individual's ability to speak smoothly and effectively.
- Cleft Palate Speech Rehabilitation: Those born with a cleft palate may experience difficulties with speech due to structural abnormalities in the mouth and throat that can affect the production of sounds and the flow of air during speech.
- Aphasias, Apraxias&Dysarthrias: While Aphasia is a communication disorder resulting from damage to language centers in the brain, often caused by a stroke or brain injury, apraxia affects an individual's ability to plan and coordinate the movements required for speech. On the other hand, dysarthria is a motor speech disorder caused by damage to the muscles or nerves that control speech.
- Complex Sleep Disorders: Complex sleep disorders are a group of sleep disorders that are difficult to diagnose and treat, and often require specialized care. These involve disturbances in sleep and wakefulness that are not typical of other common sleep disorders.
- Head & Neck Cancer: It occurs in the nasal cavity, sinuses, throat, voice box, salivary glands, and other structures located in the head and neck region. Most common head and neck cancers are squamous cell carcinoma which develops in the lining of the mouth, throat, and voice box, and salivary gland cancer, which develops in the glands that produce saliva.
- Silent Reflux: Also known as laryngopharyngeal reflux (LPR), is a condition in which stomach acid flows back up into the throat and voice box, causing irritation and inflammation.
- Nose & Sinus Disorders: Nose and sinus disorders are common conditions that affect the respiratory system and can cause a range of symptoms, such as nasal congestion, runny nose, facial pain, and headaches.
- Postnasal Drip: It refers to the sensation of mucus or fluid running down the back of the throat from the nose and sinuses which could be caused by various factors.
- Adenoidectomy: It is commonly performed in children who experience recurrent ear infections, sinus infections, or obstructive sleep apnoea. Enlarged adenoids can obstruct the airway and cause breathing difficulties, especially during sleep.
- Balloon Sinuplasty: It involves a minimally invasive surgical procedure done to ease off inflammation of the sinuses and symptoms such as difficulty breathing, nasal congestion, and facial pain.
- Cochlear Implantation: This surgical procedure involves the insertion of an electronic device in the inner ear of individuals with severe hearing loss or deafness. The implantation is recommended for individuals who have not benefited from traditional hearing aids.
- Endoscopic Septoplasty: It is a minimally invasive procedure done using an endoscope to correct a deviated septum - a common condition where the wall between the nostrils is displaced, causing breathing difficulties and other symptoms.
- Ear Revision Surgery: The surgery is often more complex than initial ear surgeries due to the scarring and changes in the ear anatomy caused by the previous surgeries. It is a surgical procedure performed to correct problems or complications that arise after previous ear surgeries.
- Stapedectomy: The surgical procedure is used to treat hearing loss caused by otosclerosis, a condition where the middle ear bones become abnormally fixed and cannot vibrate in response to sound waves.
- Thyroid surgery: It is a surgical procedure used to treat thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, and other thyroid-related conditions. The thyroid gland in the neck produces hormones that regulate the body's metabolism.
We understand that ENT disorders and diseases can often become a painful experience for many. In fact, if the initial symptoms are ignored for quite some time, they can lead to grave and serious issues.
Last but not least, take good care of yourself and ensure you visit the best ENT doctor or ENT surgeon in Bhopal on board.
The ENT diagnostics include a range of tests and procedures used to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, and throat. Check them out now.
- Otoscopy: This procedure is used to examine the ear canal and eardrum using an otoscope, a device with a light and a magnifying lens.
- Audiometry: The ear specialist is a hearing test used to measure the ability to hear sounds of different frequencies and volumes.
- Tympanometry: This test measures the movement of the eardrum in response to changes in air pressure, providing information about the function of the middle ear.
- Nasal endoscopy: This procedure involves inserting a flexible tube with a camera through the nose to examine the nasal passages and sinuses.
- Laryngoscopy: This is a procedure used to examine the larynx and vocal cords, usually using a flexible or rigid laryngoscope.
- Biopsy: This procedure involves removing a small tissue sample for analysis, typically used to diagnose cancer or other abnormal growths in the ear, nose, or throat.
- Imaging tests: Imaging tests such as CT scans, MRI scans, and ultrasounds may be used to diagnose and evaluate ear, nose, and throat disorders, providing detailed images of the affected areas.
Treatment & Services
The Department of ENT at Apollo SAGE is equipped with sophisticated operating microscopes, diagnostic video endoscopes and audiology labs. This helps our experts to detect diseases of different age groups and initiate suitable treatment. We aim to collaborate with other specialities like paediatric, pulmonology, anaesthesia, neurology, oncology etc. to deliver the best treatment outcomes. Our ENT specialists have a wide scope of skills for treating various diseases of the ear, nose and throat in different age groups. Listed below are a few conditions that our experts deal with:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Cleft palates
- Deafness or age-related hearing loss
- Deviated septum
- Ear deformities
- Eardrum perforation
- Meniere’s disease
- Nasal airway obstruction
- Snoring and sleep apnoea
- Sore throat
- Tumours adenoids
- Throat tumours
- Vocal cord and airway disorders
Some of the most common procedures performed by the department in collaboration with other specialities are:
- Cochlear implants
- Endoscopic nasal surgeries
- Head and neck cancer surgeries
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Skull base surgeries
- Transoral Endoscopic Thyroidectomy