Strengthening Paediatric Healthcare Systems The Apollo Sage Way
Over the past few decades, India has taken significant strides to improve its health and wellness structure and laid special emphasis in improving health outcomes for children and adolescents.
For those who did not know, we are here to tell you that Paediatrics, better known as a child specialist, focus on the well-being of children from conception through adolescence. This is because children – be it of any age group -have unique anatomy, physiology, and medical needs that require special attention. And these concerns must be catered at the right time to help each child achieve their full potential as a healthy adult.
So, when diseases, illnesses or conditions affect a child’s health, they are attended by pediatric problems, and at Apollo Sage Hospitals Bhopal, the Paediatric department makes it a point to include and involve the family members of the child in the care and decision-making process.
Let us take a look at some of the reasons that make us the best hospital in Bhopal and the best pediatric department of the lot.
Why Choose Us?
Apollo Sage Hospitals Bhopal has a dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)that is competent to deal with complex health issues that children suffer from. The department also offers specialized care, a warm and child-friendly environment, and a compassionate team of experts and surgeons.
The department has world-class facilities and is loaded with advanced diagnostic equipment, state-of-the-art screening, and imaging technology that helps the pediatrics detect diseases and reach a conclusive plan of action.
The pediatric hospital authorities ensure that the child specialists and hospital cater to the unique needs of children, in a child-friendly environment that helps reduce anxiety and promote healing and wellness. They are equipped to handle a wide range of medical conditions and have healthcare providers who are specially trained to provide care to children.
Last but not least, we offer comprehensive and the best treatments for all pediatric-related diseases, at an affordable cost.
Our Pediatric Department at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal plays a crucial role in ensuring a safe and comforting environment for children and their families, with specialized care teams who are trained to provide age-appropriate and compassionate care. This is in addition to ensuring the health and well-being of their little patients who need compassion and comfort in equal quantity to medication for faster recovery.
The specialized facilities have trained healthcare providers who provide a wide range of comprehensive medical services, including preventative care, routine checkups, vaccinations, treatment for acute and chronic conditions, rehabilitation services, and mental health services. They have access to advanced medical technology and equipment specifically designed for the needs of children. The latest diagnostic tools, surgical instruments, and other equipment are necessary for treating complex medical conditions in the little patients at the children's hospital.
Not only this, the department is decorated with bright colors, child-friendly artwork, toys and games, and play areas to reduce anxiety and make the experience a positive one for the little patients.
Some of the conditions frequently treated are:
1. Allergies and Asthma
2. Ankyloglossia (Tongue-tie)
3. Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
4. Atrial Septal Defect
5. Cerebral Palsy
6. Childhood Cancers
7. Cleft lip and Cleft Palate
11. Epilepsy and Seizure disorders
14. Juvenile Idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
15. Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA)
16. Pyloric Stenosis
20. Spina Bifida
21. Tetralogy of Fallot
22. Transposition of great arteries
23. Tricuspid atresia
24. Tourette Syndrome (TS)
25. Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)
Our Competent Team
The Pediatrics hospital or department Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has a team of specialized healthcare providers who specialize in treating children, including the best pediatricians, pediatric surgeons, pediatric nurses, and other specialists. These providers understand the unique needs of children and are skilled in providing age-appropriate care.
We assure you that the Paediatrics doctors in Bhopal Apollo Sage Hospital are always on their toes to provide 24 x 7 treatment and emergency care, where we handle common emergencies in little patients.
Also, our pediatric surgeons work closely with pediatricians, anesthesiologists, and other healthcare professionals to ensure that children receive the best possible care before, during, and after surgery.
Pediatric diagnostics is crucial in identifying and diagnosing medical conditions in children, as many pediatric diseases can be difficult to diagnose due to the child's age and developmental stage.
- Endoscopy: This procedure requires a flexible tube with a camera at the end to visualize the digestive system, respiratory system, and other internal organs of the child and help the Paediatrician diagnose conditions like gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), and asthma.
- Imaging Studies: These include X-rays, CT scans, MRI, and ultrasound tests that are used to detect and diagnose various medical conditions affecting children.
- Genetic Testing: This is a crucial testing procedure that requires the expert to analyze the child's DNA to diagnose genetic disorders that may affect the growth, development, and overall health.
- Blood/ Urine Tests: While blood tests are used to check for Paediatric infectious diseases, anemia, and other blood-related conditions in children, urine tests help the experts diagnose urinary tract infections, kidney diseases, and other conditions affecting the urinary system in children.
- 4D Echocardiography: Also known as real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography (RT3D), the procedure that allows child heart specialists to see the child’s heart's movement over time through the advanced imaging technique that creates a 3-dimensional heart image.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): The ECG test is used to assess the electrical activity of a child’s heart and diagnose conditions such as arrhythmias, heart block, and other cardiac disorders.
Treatment & Services
Our Department of Paediatrics is a state-of-the-art centre of excellence for Paediatric care including pediatric emergency and pediatric surgery. Let’s take a quick look at the services we take pride in.
- Pediatric Cardiology: The subspecialty of Paediatrics focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of heart conditions in children. Pediatric cardiologists use a variety of diagnostic tools including echocardiograms, electrocardiograms (ECGs), and cardiac catheterization.
- Pediatric Cardiac Surgery: This area of specialization deals with the repair or reconstruction of heart defects, heart transplants, device implantation, and more. It involves a multidisciplinary approach that improves the child’s heart function and quality of life.
- Pediatric Neurology: Pediatric neurologists are experts in diagnosing and treating conditions that affect the nervous system in children including the brain, spinal cord, nerves, and muscles. The department handles conditions such as seizures and epilepsy, developmental delays and intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, neuromuscular disorders, and more.
- Pediatric Urology: The kid's doctor or Pediatric urologists are experts in diagnosing and treating a range of urologic conditions in children, including congenital anomalies, disorders of sex development, urinary tract infections, and voiding dysfunction. Some major urological issues handled at the department include Vesicoureteral reflux (VUR), Bladder exstrophy, Hydronephrosis, Undescended testicles, Hypospadias, and more.
- Neonatal & Pediatric Critical Care: The children's specialist department has the best and most comprehensive neonatal and Paediatric critical care unit for continuous monitoring of vital signs and laboratory values and has advanced equipment and technology such as continuous renal placement therapy, and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: The department is competent to diagnose, treat, and manage a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including congenital abnormalities, developmental disorders, and traumatic injuries. Some of the problems treated here include clubfoot, hip dysplasia, scoliosis, infections and tumors affecting bones and joints, and more.
So, we hope that you now understand that all these factors and more have helped earn Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal the reputation of being the best hospital with the best pediatric facility in Bhopal.
No wonder, we are constantly being witness to the dramatic change in the health wellness and Paediatric facilities in the country.
Join our campaign on Paediatric wellness and healthcare systems.
Dr Priyanka Singh
Experience:- 15 Years
- PGPN (Boston)
- FISPN (Paediatric Nephrology)
Dr Ruma khandelwal
Experience:- 10 Years
- Fellowship in Pediatric critical care by IAP