Trusted Surgeons, Exceptional Outcomes: General Surgery Excellence
The General Surgeons at the Apollo Sage Hospitals Bhopal’s General Surgery Department perform surgeries for a wide range of ailments related to abdominal issues such as the abdomen such as Gall Bladder Stomach, Intestines, Endocrine System, Alimentary Tract, Breasts,Head & Neck, Skin& Soft Tissues and more.
General Surgeon doctors have specialized knowledge and are trained to diagnose and carry out pre-operative, operative and post-operative management. In addition to these, General Surgeons are also experts in managing and taking care of complications and more.
Why Choose Us?
The surgeons at the General Operation Department of Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal are committed to improvising and participating in medical advances. In addition to this, the general surgeons work in coordination with other specialists such as Cardiologists, Gastroenterologists, Pulmonologists, Nephrologists, Urologists, Pediatric General Surgeons and more.
The hospital has cutting-edge technology and minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques are performed with such expertise that not only increases the success rate of the operation but also reduces the operating time, and pain and quickens the recovery period.
In the recent past, the hospital has reported 100 per cent success in General Surgeries including removal of tumours from the abdomen, protrusion of bowel through the abdominal wall or repair of hernias, removal of diseased segments of bowel in case of inflammatory bowel diseases and malignancy and more.
Our team of General Surgeons at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal are specially trained to deal with medical conditions and different types of General Surgery depending on the etiology of the indication. The General Surgeons of the hospital have also carried out more surgeries of a more serious nature such as Peripheral Vascular Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery using the latest technology and minimally invasive technique.
The Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal have the best facilities available in the world. It has trained staff that works 24/7 to ensure the comfort and quick recovery of the patients. Apart from the ace General Surgeons and General Laparoscopic Surgeons at the General Surgery Hospital, the department houses trained nurses, and technicians who are well-versed in operating sophisticated equipment and advanced machines.
Disease & Conditions
- Appendicitis:The condition refers toinflammation of the Appendix in the abdomen. The condition could happen due to infections caused by Viruses, Bacteria or Parasites in the digestive tract. It could also happen when the large intestine and appendix are either blocked or trapped by stool.
- Neuroendocrine Tumours: These refer to Cancers that begin in the Neuroendocrine Cells of the body. The Neuroendocrine Cells are similar to the hormone-producing cells and the nerve cells and can occur anywhere in the patient’s body- but especially in the Lungs, Appendix, Small Intestine, Rectum and Pancreas.
- Hyperthyroidism: General Surgeons perform surgery to treat the condition when the thyroid gland makes too much or above normal thyroid hormone. The condition is also referred to as overactive thyroid as it speeds up the body’s metabolism leading to weight loss, hand tremors, irregular heartbeat and so on.
- Pancreatic Islet Tumours:Theserare hormone-producing tumours arise from the Islet Cells of the Pancreas and can produce a variety of symptoms.These Pancreatic Cells form clusters called Islets and could be cancerous as well as noncancerous.Insulinoma is the most commonly known Pancreatic Endocrine Tumours and can be treated with advanced minimally invasive surgery approaches, such as robotic surgery, etc.
- Ulcerative Colitis:This refers to a long-term condition that is often seen in people with immune system problems. This occurs when there is occurs tiny ulcers on the Colon’s lining causing inflammation in the Colon and Rectum region. It soon grows into bleeding and pus formation and would require the intervention of the General Surgeon.
- Endoscopy: The test allows theGeneral and Laparoscopic Surgeonto take a look in the body using a thin, flexible tube with a tiny camera at the tip of the tube. The tube is then inserted into thebody through a natural opening such as the mouth, anus, naval, etc. General Surgeons may recommend endoscopy to identify conditions such as internal bleeding, inflammation in the intestines, diarrhoea, anaemia and so on.
- Biopsy: This requires the surgeon to access suspicious areas of cells.While some biopsy procedures may require general anaesthesia while others may require local anaesthesia to numb the specified area. The types of biopsy procedures performed at the hospital include Needle Biopsy (Fine-Needle Aspiration, Core Needle Biopsy, Vacuum-Assisted Biopsy and Image-Guided Biopsy), Endoscopic Biopsy, Skin Biopsy (Shave Biopsy, Punch Biopsy, Incisional Biopsy, and Excisional Biopsy), Bone Marrow Biopsy and Surgical Biopsy.
- Laboratory Tests: Theseinclude tests such as Electrocardiogram (ECG), Complete Blood Count (CBC), Kidney, Liver, Blood Sugar, Urine, and Tumour Markers are some of the important Laboratory Tests are done before General Surgery at the hospital.
- Imaging Tests: Intraoperative Computerized Tomography(iCT), Echocardiography, Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), Ultrasound, and X-Ray are some of the imaging tests recommended by General Surgeons before General Surgery.
Treatment & Services
- Skin Surgery: The General Surgeons at the Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal’s General Surgery Department are trained to perform skin surgeries such as removal of cysts, moles, malignant lesions and other similar growth. The surgical procedures may be performed under local anaesthesia with quick recovery possibilities.
- Trauma & Critical Care:The surgeons with advanced training in trauma and critical care are prepared to deal with emergency situations such as perforation of internal organs, internal bleeding, bowel obstructions and various types of serious infections.
- Head & Neck Surgery: Malignancies of the head and neckand medical conditions of the glands in this region and sinuses are treated by the General Surgeons at the hospital. In addition to this, congenital deformities such as cleft palate, ear reconstruction, head and neck structure reconstruction and more are also performed by general surgeons.
For more information on topics related to General Surgery and ‘General Surgeons Near Me’, get specialized advice from the best General Surgeons in the General Surgery Department of the Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal.