Healthy Skin Reflects Healthier You: We Ensure At Apollo Sage Hospitals
Do unwanted patches, and moles, wrinkles, redness on the skin, brittle nails, hair loss worry you?
Then it is time to visit a skin specialist or a Dermatologist and Cosmetologist. We say so because we understand that though skin problems are generally not life-threatening, they sometimes do have serious implications and convey signs of serious underlying health issues. By this, we mean that sometimes people tend to initially ignore signs of serious skin ailments but then this could turn out to be dangerous if timely medical intervention does not happen and the ailments turn out to be issues like skin cancer and venereal diseases.
So, yes, it is high time you realize that skin is the first line of defense against all sorts of diseases and hence, it isn’t a wise decision to ignore skin-related issues and diseases.
Not only this, the skin protects the internal organs, warms up and cools the body, and even sends messages to the mind about how healthy the person is. And it is the dermatologist and Cosmetologist, who takes care of all skin-related ailments, with unique medical skills, experience, and sometimes with surgical expertise.
At Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, the skin care department is one of the best when it comes to facilities, modern techniques for treatments and surgeries, and expertise.
Why Choose Us?
Our experts at Apollo Sage Hospitals Bhopal are skilled to identify such ailments and diseases and provide solutions to the patients. The hospital has a team of specialists, including dermatologists, cosmetologists, pathologists, plastic surgeons, oncologists, and other experts, who work together in close coordination to provide the most comprehensive care possible for patients.
Apart from this, the hospital offers both inpatient and outpatient care, with access to specialized facilities for procedures such as Mohs surgery, cosmetic treatments, and similar services. It has fantastic research facilities where ongoing studies and clinical trials are carried out to improve the diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions.
In addition to this, the hospital takes pride in its Patient-centred amenities like private rooms, complimentary and other features designed to make patients feel at home.
The Multidisciplinary Team
Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has taken special care to have the best dermatologists and cosmetologists on their panel. The department headed by MBBS, DDVL, DNB (Dermatology and Venerology) Dr. Akhilesh Agrawal ensures that the patients arriving at the department get the best of facilities and treatment.
The dermatology department of Apollo Sage Hospitals Bhopal offers a wide range of facilities for treatment, surgical procedures, and advanced therapies. The department takes pride in having access to the latest diagnostic equipment including high-resolution imaging systems, dermoscopes, phototherapy, and laser treatments, access to the latest medications and topical treatments, and other advanced tools that can aid in the diagnosis of skin conditions.
Disease & Conditions
- Acne: There are several types of acne, including blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts. It is caused by a combination of factors, including excess oil production, clogged hair follicles, bacteria, hormonal changes, and inflammation.
- Psoriasis: It is a chronic d quite challenging condition that can be both physically and emotionally distressing. Hence, it requires ongoing medication and management usually at reducing inflammation and slowing down skin cell growth.
- Vitiligo: Treatment for vitiligo may include topical corticosteroids or immunomodulators, light therapy, or in some cases, surgical procedures. Treatment is aimed at restoring skin pigmentation and reducing the visibility of white patches.
- Skin Tags / Moles & Growths: Skin tags, moles, and other growths can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, hormonal changes, sun exposure, and age.
- Venereal Diseases: Also known as sexually transmitted infections (STIs), these are infections that involve physical examination, blood urine, or swab tests.
- Skin Cancer: Thorough examination of the skin by a trained dermatologist is crucial for the early detection and successful treatment of skin cancer. Dermatologists are equipped with the skills to identify and diagnose various types of skin cancer, enabling them to provide effective treatment.
Dermatology diagnostics involves a varied combination of methods that accurately diagnose skin conditions and ailments. Let us check out the diagnostic services available at Apollo Sage Hospitals.
- Patch Testing: The diagnostic procedure helps to identify whether a person is allergic or sensitive to specific substances that come into contact with the skin, including metals, fragrances, chemicals, and other common irritants.
- Dermoscopy: It is a handheld device, utilized to perform a non-invasive examination of skin lesions. It provides a non-invasive examination of skin lesions by magnifying the skin and providing a detailed view of the skin's surface, aiding in the diagnosis of skin conditions like melanoma.
- Blood Tests: Blood tests can be used to diagnose certain skin conditions such as autoimmune diseases, infections, and skin cancer.
- Histopathological Examination: It is used to diagnose serious skin diseases and conditions such as cancer and autoimmune diseases, infections, and genetic disorders.
- Imaging Tests: In order to obtain images of the body's internal structures for diagnostic purposes, imaging tests such as MRI, Ultrasound, Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Computed tomography (CT) scan, etc are used.
Treatment & Services
- Botulinum Toxin procedure: Also known as Botox, the procedure is commonly used to treat wrinkles on the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes. It can also be used to treat medical conditions such as migraines, excessive sweating, and muscle spasms. Though the procedure is generally safe, in rare cases patients may complain of difficulty in breathing or swallowing or may suffer from side effects like pain, bruising, and infection
- Thread Lift For Sagging: It is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that helps lift and tighten sagging skin. During the procedure, small threads or sutures are inserted into the skin and used to pull the skin taut, creating a lifting effect. Here are some key facts and tips about thread lifts for sagging skin:
- Skin Tags, Moles & Other Growths Removal: Skin tags, moles, and growths can be removed easily by intricately cutting them off, freezing them with liquid nitrogen, or using lasers or other energy-based devices.
- Cyst & Lipoma Removal: Cysts and lipomas are noncancerous growths occurring under the skin. In most cases, they are harmless and do not require treatment. However, if they become painful or interfere with daily activities, they can be surgically removed.
- Chemical Peeling: It is a cosmetic procedure that involves the application of a chemical solution to the skin to exfoliate and remove damaged or dead skin cells, lighten the skin, and even the skin tone.
- Dermaroller: Also known as micro-needling or collagen induction therapy, it is a cosmetic procedure that requires a small handheld device to make tiny puncture wounds in the skin to stimulate the body's natural healing response.
- Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Fillers: This non-surgical cosmetic treatment restores volume, enhances facial features, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that helps to keep the skin hydrated and plump.
- Nail surgery: This is necessary for conditions such as ingrown toenails, fungal nail infections, and nail tumours,
So, if you too are suffering from skin, hair, nail or venereal diseases then get in touch with our best skin doctors for consultation. We, help you improve the health and appearance of the skin and much more.