Best Cancer Treatment Services At Apollo Sage Hospitals
A pioneer in Cancer Care, the Oncology Department of Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal is one of the best Cancer Hospitals loaded with advanced and revolutionary approaches towards cancer care and clinical oncology.
Furthermore, it would not be an understatement if said that the hospital is playing a pivotal role in reshaping healthcare excellence in entire Central India and is even attending to patients from neighboring and distant countries with a 100 percent success rate.
Renowned oncologists and cancer specialists from across the world are worldwide, are part of our Apollo Cancer Centres network, and stand unmatched and unparalleled in delivering exceptional care and successful outcomes to patients.
Let’s check out what makes Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal a reputed name in cancer care.
Why Choose Us?
At Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal, we unite the most brilliant minds in surgical, medical, and radiation oncology, along with a comprehensive team of expert professionals such as pediatric oncologists, hematologists, supporting staff, and technicians. The cancer care system encompasses a collaborative effort between specialized surgical and radiation oncologists, as well as diagnostic consultants, providing holistic and thorough cancer treatments.
Out Competent Team
By spearheading technological advancements, harnessing expertise, and driving pioneering research, our team of cancer specialists and oncologists in Bhopal strives to achieve smarter, safer, and more effective treatment for cancer patients and their families.
The team at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal extends a warm hand and care to the patients and their family members and helps them sail through all the difficult patches of Cancer stages. The experts at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal believe in leading the way with an integrated model for the welfare of their patients.
Last, but not least, The team is on a relentless mission to outsmart cancer and propel the cancer hospital to push boundaries, redefine clinical benchmarks, and elevate outcomes to new heights.
For those who have been looking for the ‘best cancer hospital near me,’ we tell you that the Apollo Sage Hospitals offer a wide range of specialized tests and imaging technologies, coupled with the expertise of a diverse team of cancer specialists.
Disease & Conditions
- Leukaemia: It is the cancer of white blood cells in the bone marrow. While Acute Leukaemia happens suddenly and grows rapidly, Chronic leukaemia appears gradually and takes months to years to develop in the body. Exposure to certain chemicals, smoking, family history, previous chemotherapies, genetic disorders, etc., are some causes of Leukaemia.
- Melanoma: It is a type of cancer that occurs anywhere on the skin. It happens in the cells that control the pigment of the skin. It is the most invasive skin cancer with a very high risk of death if not detected at an early stage. Unprotected exposure to UV Radiation, childhood tanning and sunburn history, depressed immune systems, etc., could be reasons for Melanoma.
- Lung Cancer: It begins in the lungs and spreads to lymph nodes or other organs of the body. These are generally grouped into two main types – small cells and non-small cells which grow differently and are also treated differently. The non-small cell lung cancer is more common than small cell lung cancer.
- Liver Cancer: Hepatocellular Carcinoma is the most common and primary liver cancer that occurs in people with underlying Chronic Liver ailments such as Cirrhosis or Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C infections. Obesity, alcohol consumption, smoking, non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases, diabetes,etc., are some of the common reasons for Liver Cancer.
- Breast Cancer: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma and Invasive Lobular Carcinoma are the two kinds of breast cancer and their type depends on which cells in the breast turn into cancer. Genetic Mutations, dense breasts, prior radiation therapies, and exposure to the drug diethylstilboestrol etc.,are some reasons for Breast Cancer
- Kidney Cancer: Renal Cell Carcinoma is the most common type of kidney cancer in adults while children are more likely to suffer from Wilms' tumour of the kidney. Kidney cancer patients may notice flank pain, high BP, blood in urine and other similar symptoms.
- Thyroid Cancer: While Papillary is the most common of Thyroid cancers, Follicular, Medullary, and Anaplastic are the other types of cancer that occur in the tissues of the thyroid gland placed in the neck region. Older age, family history, Hypertension, inherited syndromes, etc.,are some reasons for Thyroid Cancer.
- Bladder Cancer: This rare form of cancer starts growing within the lining of the balloon-shaped, hollow organ in the lower abdomen. Urothelial Carcinoma, Squamous Cell Carcinoma, And Adenocarcinoma are known bladder cancers.
- Prostate Cancer: This happens when cancer cells start forming on the tissues within the male reproductive system’s prostate gland. Family history, obesity and ageing are some factors that cause prostate cancer in men commonly.
- Colorectal Cancer: Also known as colon & Rectal Cancer, this happens when the DNA in colon cells mutate and are unable to contain their growth and division. Low fibre, fat-rich diet, alcohol consumption, lack of physical activity, tobacco, etc., are some reasons that cause colorectal cancer.
- Biopsy: The procedure requires the removal of a tissue piece from the body for laboratory testing.
- Bone Scan: It detects bone tumors or cancers that could have spread to the bone.
- Physical Exam: The best oncologist in Bhopal does a physical examination to look for lymph nodes, breasts, testes, etc., to look for any unwarranted bulges in the body and rule out the possibility of cancer.
- Transrectal Ultrasound: Sound waves are used to create video images of the prostate gland after placing a tiny lubricated instrument into the rectum.
- Digital Rectal Examination (DRE): The test allows the cancer hospital specialist to examine the person's lower rectum, pelvis, and lower belly.
Treatment & Services
- Chemotherapy: There are different types of chemotherapy, but they all work to meet a common goal: kill cancer cells and stop them from reproducing and spreading in the body.
- Radiation Therapy: The radiation oncology specialist, transmits intense energy, and precise beams or rays such as Proton Radiation are used to kill the cancer cells while protecting the healthy tissues.
- Bone Marrow Transplant: Also called a Stem Cell Transplant, it is one of the riskiest procedures. The Medical Oncologist replaces the damaged or unhealthy bone marrow with healthy blood-forming stem cells. These healthy cells could be from the body of the same person or from a different donor.
- Immunotherapy: The procedure used to destroy different types of cancer by using a laboratory-made substance(s) to boost the immune system and fight cancer.
- Hormone Therapy (HT): The treatment slows down or stops the growth of cancer cells in the breasts and prostates. It reduces the risk of cancer coming back after the treatment (also called adjuvant Therapy) and also destroys cancer cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- Targeted Drug Therapy: The treatment targets proteins that control the growth, division, and spread of cancer cells. Most targeted therapies are either small-molecule drugs (that enter cells easily) or Monoclonal Antibodies also known as therapeutic antibodies.
- Surgery: Also, known as Resection or Excision, it is one of the oldest and most common ways of getting rid of cancer or cancer organs and is done by surgical oncology specialists. It requires the removal of the cancerous organ and some nearby tissues and is generally a larger cut than a biopsy.
Stay with us for more in-depth information on pediatric oncology, various types of cancers, their detection, and the best cancer treatment in Bhopal at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.