Dentistry Department (orthodontic) at Apollo Sage Hospitals
The dentists at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal are instrumental in the early detection of oral cancer and serve as the primary responders to a large scale of health emergencies. Primarily speaking, dental specialties can be split into two – Prosthodontics and Orthodontics and the hospital offers expertise in both fields.
Speaking about dentistry in detail, we tell you that the Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal dentistry department provide specialized services in orthodontics, dental orthopedics, periodontics, prosthodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, oral and maxillofacial pathology, endodontics, public health dentistry, and oral and maxillofacial radiology and more.
Why Choose Us?
Dentistry health professionals at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal provide a wide range of orthodontic services and conditions that manifest in the mouth that contribute to the oral healthcare services of the people from Central India in more ways than one. The department has moved much ahead from general dentistry practices such as teeth cleaning, oral care, dental filling, and dental bridge and is now at the forefront of new developments in cosmetic and aesthetic procedures.
The department has a dedicated staff extending their service 24x7 with the latest equipment and advanced tools for the benefit of the patients.
The department is continuously engaged in dental research, including genetic engineering, discovering links between oral and general diseases, enhancing salivary diagnostics, and overcoming dentistry challenges, especially in treating and correcting malformed jaws, misalignment of teeth, facial injuries, cleft lip and cleft palate and more.
The experts at the department pay special emphasis to promote research in all aspects of dentistry for children and young adults and attend to their special needs. It includes special procedures that are specific to children and young adults.
The Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal is equipped with the latest and advanced technologies of dentistry to deliver painless treatment options for patients. The hospital has the best and world-class surgical facilities such as surgical extractions, pre-prosthetic surgeries, dental implants, partial and complete dentures, root canals, and more.
In addition to this, the hospital pays special emphasis to Geriatric Dentistry which deals with the oral health of elderly people who often experience dental decay and gum disorders. The symptoms of the elderly are different from the symptoms experienced by younger people.
Also, the hospital has an in-house dental laboratory and an in-house operation theatre that enables the patient with excellent care and service.
Disease & Conditions
- Oral Cancer: This develops on the lips, tongue, base, the tissue lining the mouth or cheeks, the roof of the mouth, gums, and the area towards the throat or the extreme back of the mouth. Though tobacco, smoking, and alcohol are largely linked to the cause of oral cancer, age, sun exposure, and Human Papillomavirus (HPV) are also major contributors to it.
- Noma: It is an orofacial gangrene that is generally seen in malnourished children. The disease destroys mucous membranes within the mouth and other tissues and subsequently destroys the mouth and the face. The disease may start from simple inflammation and reddening of gums and graduate to different stages. The first stage is Acute necrotizing gingivitis, the second is Edema, the third stage is Gangrene, the fourth is Scarring and the fifth is Sequelae.
- Oro-Dental Trauma: This refers to an injury to the teeth, mouth, oral cavity, or bone that holds the tooth sockets. Chipped teeth, tooth fractures, teeth jammed into sockets, jaw fractures, and lacerations of lips and gums are some examples of oro-dental trauma. The trauma could be a result of accidents, hard falls, vehicle collisions, sports, or any other similar abuse to the teeth.
- Periodontal Diseases: These are a result of infections and inflammation of the gums and bones that support the teeth. These occur due to bacteria in the mouth causing inflammation leading to periodontal diseases and are majorly found in adults and increase with age. This could lead to tender or bleeding gums, bad breath, sensitive teeth, and so on.
- Digital X-Rays: Also known as digital dental radiographs, the machine allows the dental care specialist to get a detailed and clear view of the impacted or infected teeth. There are two types of X-rays that are taken for better results – Digital Intraoral X-Ray (Taken inside the mouth) and Digital Extraoral X-Ray (Taken outside the mouth). The various types of dental X-Rays include Bitewing, Panoramic, Cone Beam, Occlusal, and Periapical.
- Dental Sterilizer: Also referred to as dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers use a steam, set at a particular temperature to sterilize or decontaminate dental surgical tools and instruments for efficient and safe use in the future. While steam is the common factor in different types of dental sterilizing instruments, some instruments require dry steam while some instruments may require steam from 6 minutes to 30 minutes.
- Pulp Tester: It is an essential diagnostic aid in endodontics to test that includes thermal and electric tests to examine the presence of pulp blood flow. The examination helps diagnose the underlying disease and early detection of serious disease.
Treatment & Services
- Implant Dentistry: This refers to artificial tooth root replacement. It is an alternative to dentures that often do not fit well. Better known as bridgework tooth replacements these implants are placed in the jawbone in place of the missing teeth and they look and function very much just like the original ones.
- Paediatric Dentistry: The stream deals with the oral health of children. Their duties are not restricted to the management of gum diseases and conditions including early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics), repair of tooth cavities or defects and paediatric periodontal disease but they also indulge in habit counselling in cases of pacifier use and thumb sucking and more.
- Cosmetic Dentistry: The term is referred to dental work done to improve the dental aesthetics of the teeth alignment, overall facial appearance and of course, the smile. However, cosmetic dentistry may not necessarily improve the functionality of the teeth or gums. Some of the common cosmetic dentistry procedures include cavity filling, teeth whitening, indirect fillings(also known as Inlays &Onlays), repair of decayed, damaged, or discoloured teeth or teeth bleaching and more.
- Reconstructive Dentistry: This refers to the replacement and repair of broken, missing or damaged teeth. Partial dentures, fillings and so on are used for those who have suffered dental wear and damage. Reconstructive dentistry aims to bring dental aesthetics back in shape and even helps reduce the risk of sleep and breathing disorders like sleep apnea.
Dental emergencies could be severe and ignoring them could lead to further complications. Also, it is important to get the right treatment from the best dental doctors or the best kids dentist on board even if it is for as simple a thing as getting the dental braces.
So, quit your search for ‘best dental clinic near me’, ‘best dentist near me’ or ‘top dental hospital near me’ and start the internet search of the best hospital for ‘the best dental clinic near me in Bhopal Apollo Sage Hospitals’ and ‘the best dental implants near me at Apollo Sage Hospitals’ and we are sure you will reach us within no time.