Care for Kidney Health of Best Nephrologist in Bhopal
Nephrology is a medical specialty that focuses on diagnosis, treatment, and management of kidneys and urinary tract diseases. The kidneys are vital human organs that help filter waste products from the blood and maintain a balance of fluids and electrolytes in the body. When kidney gets damaged or diseased it results into a range of health problems and these issues are treated experts who are medically termed Nephrologists.
Why Choose Us?
Apollo Sage Hospitals is one of the best Kidney Hospital in Bhopal with some of the finest nephrologists trained at some of the premier institutions across the globe. The nephrology doctors are experts trained to treat critical nephrological conditions such as chronic kidney disease, acute kidney injury, kidney stones, glomerulonephritis, nephrotic syndrome, urinary tract infections, and other related conditions. They work closely with other healthcare professionals, such as urologists, to provide comprehensive care for patients with kidney and urinary tract problems.
Our Team - Par Excellence
Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal has an outstanding team of nephrology and urology of doctors who are competent to deal with a spectrum of kidney diseases ranging from asymptomatic or mild symptoms to life-threatening serious health conditions. Some patients with kidney disease may have no symptoms or only mild symptoms, while others may present with severe symptoms such as acute kidney injury, kidney failure, or even life-threatening complications such as fluid overload, electrolyte imbalances, and metabolic acidosis. Therefore, it is important for individuals who are at risk of kidney disease to undergo regular kidney function testing to detect any changes in kidney function early and prevent the progression to more serious health conditions.
Who Are More Prone To Nephrological Ailments?
Kidney problems can occur in people of all age groups - from newborns to the elderly. Certain kidney ailments, such as congenital anomalies of kidneys, may be present at birth or develop during childhood, while others, like chronic kidney disease and kidney cancer, are more common among adults. Additionally, health issues such as high blood pressure, diabetes, and family history of kidney diseases increase the likelihood of people developing kidney disease at any age. That is why kidney specialist doctors advise people of all ages to maintain healthy lifestyle and regularly monitor their kidney function for early detection and treatment of kidney diseases.
Let us now delve a bit deeper and understand some of the facilities, diagnostic, treatment provisions available at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal not only has the best Nephrologist In Bhopal, but is also known to have the top Pediatric Nephrology doctors and facilities. It has an Ultramodern hemodialysis unit with PEX pipes, state of the art kidney transplant unit, Hemodifiltration (HDF), Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), ICU Hemodialysis: Sustained Low-Efficiency Dialysis (SLED), Slow Continuous Ultrafiltration (SCUFF), Plasmapheresis, Hemodialysis catheter placement, treatment of dialysis access failures, and more.
- State of the art Kidney transplant unit
- Ultramodern hemodialysis unit with PEX pipes.
- Hemodifiltration (HDF)
- CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy)
- ICU Hemodialysis: SLED, SCUFF
- Hemodialysis catheter placement .
- Treatment of dialysis access failures.
Disease & Conditions
The kidney doctors at Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal take care of various diseases and conditions including, acute kidney problems, long term kidney diseases, blood in urine, protein leak in urine, kidney diseases in patients with diabetes mellitus, increased serum creatinine and urea, high blood pressure, swelling over eyes and whole body, problems arising in patients on dialysis, cysts in kidney, kidney disease in children and more.
- Acute kidney problems
- Long term kidney diseases
- Blood in urine
- Protein leak in urine
- Kidney diseases in patients with diabetes mellitus
- Increased serum creatinine and urea
- High blood pressure
- Swelling over eyes and whole body
- Problems arising in patients on dialysis
- Cysts in the kidney
- Kidney disease in children
It is important for kidney patients to get prompt and accurate diagnosis by the best kidney doctors and Nephrologist In Bhopal and undergo several diagnostic tests before being scheduled for a kidney transplant.
Check out some of the tests available at Apollo Sage Hospitals, Bhopal.
- Urine Tests: Urine tests are important for kidney patients as they provide valuable information about kidney function and its health.
- Biochemical Tests: Biochemical tests are a valuable tool for diagnosing and monitoring kidney diseases. These include, blood urea nitrogen (BUN), serum creatinine, Glomerular filtration rate (GFR), electrolyte levels and more.
- CT (Computed Tomography) Scan & CT Angiography (CTA): CT scan & CTA are imaging tests commonly used in kidney patients to get a detailed image of the inside of the body and the blood vessels.
- Ultrasound (Sonography): Ultrasound can help diagnose a range of kidney conditions, including kidney stones, cysts, tumours, and obstructions. It can also be used to monitor the progression of kidney disease and evaluate the blood flow to the kidneys.
- Kidney Biopsy & Histopathology: It is a procedure in which a tiny sample of kidney tissue is sent to a laboratory for pathologist to examine it and look for signs of disease or damages, such as inflammation, scarring, or any abnormal cells.
Treatment & Services
Take a look at some of the treatments and procedures that Apollo Sage Hospitals in Bhopal is proud of and carries them off with expertness.
- Hemodialysis: It involves removal of waste products and excess fluid from blood suffering from kidney ailments. It involves using a machine to filter blood outside of the body and then returning the clean blood back into the body.
- Kidney Transplant: It is a surgical procedure in which a healthy kidney of a living or deceased donor is transplanted into the patient with end-stage renal disease. It is a highly effective treatment and can significantly improve the patient's quality of life.
- Haemodiafiltration (HDF): During HDF, the patient's blood is pumped through a dialysis machine and across a semi-permeable membrane, which filters out waste products and excess fluids from the blood, similar to haemodialysis.
- Control Of Blood Pressure: It is very important to control blood pressure in kidney patients as it further damages the kidneys and increases the risk of complications.
- Evaluation & Treatment Of Blood: Evaluation & treatment of blood disorders depends on the specific type of disorder, as there are many different blood disorders that can occur in kidney patients.
- Protein Leak In Urine: Also known as proteinuria or albuminuria, protein leak is a condition where an abnormal amount of protein is excreted in the urine.
- Kidney Stones: It includes minimally invasive procedures, non-invasive procedure, medications and more methods of treatment depending upon their size, location, and composition.
- Glomerular Diseases: These are a group of conditions affecting the glomeruli, which are tiny blood vessels in the kidney filtering waste products and excess fluids from blood. When the glomeruli becomes damaged, it can lead to a variety of health problems.
- Slow Continuous Ultrafiltration: It is used to remove excess fluids from patient's blood with fluid overload due to conditions such as kidney failure, heart failure, or liver failure.
- Sustained Low-Efficiency Dialysis (SLED): It can be used to treat patients who have AKI or acute-on-chronic kidney disease with fluid overload, uremia, or electrolyte disturbances.
- Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT): It requires specialised equipment and trained healthcare professionals to perform the therapy. The treatment is typically performed in an intensive care unit (ICU), and the patient is monitored closely for any adverse effects.
- Evaluation & Treatment Of Kidney Diseases In Patients With Diabetes Mellitus: Managing diabetes in kidney patients requires a comprehensive approach that includes medication management, diet, exercise, and monitoring.
So, now that you know the importance of nephrology and its treatment, stay with us for more engaging content on "clinical nephrology" Hemodifiltration (HDF), Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT), ICU Hemodialysis: SLED, SCUFF and more.